Employment law covers the complex relationship between employers and employees. Employment lawyers are skilled legal professionals who handle various employment law cases, ensuring employees and employers know their rights and obligations. If you are a victim of unpaid wages, sexual harassment, or wrongful termination, you don’t have to fight alone. A San Mateo employment lawyer at Bibiyan Law Group can help. We focus solely on employment law and have recovered millions of dollars for employees like you. We offer:
- Aggressive litigation. We never settle for mere “demands.” We file cases, hit the courts, and relentlessly fight for your rights and compensation.
- Experienced leadership. David D. Bibiyan, our founding member, is a legal expert who once represented large corporations but pivoted because he believes in advocating for the rights of everyday people, not multi-billion-dollar entities.
- Employee-centric vision. Bibiyan Law Group is not just about holding employers accountable; we strive to create a society where employers treat employees with dignity and respect.
- Transparency and compassion. Our approach involves open, honest communication. We tell you what you want and need to hear for successful case outcomes.
- True partnership. We share your vision for a fair society and are committed to making that vision a reality, one case at a time.
Don’t wait. Contact Bibiyan Law Group today for a free consultation if you face employment issues. Reach out now and take the first step toward a fairer future.
What Core Values Set Us Apart?
Bibiyan Law Group aims to promote a society that values every employee, regardless of background or position. Employers should treat workers equally and we strive to promote this vision through directed actions and initiatives. We can build a more just and equitable for all by working together toward this goal.
Our core values shape our culture, decision-making processes, and overall strategy and include the following four driving principles:
- Integrity. This is not just a business; it is our moral obligation. Our mission is to ensure that big companies and wealthy individuals do not trample the rights of hard-working people.
- Clear communication. We promise honest, compassionate communication throughout your case, equipping you with the information you need to make sound decisions for you and your family.
- Innovation. Our passion drives us to stay updated on California’s ever-changing laws and trends, the latest in technology, case law, and industry shifts, ensuring that you always have the most cutting-edge representation.
- Teamwork. Our collective approach is our secret weapon. Our firm thrives on collaboration rather than individual stardom. We believe that the best results come from a culture of teamwork; we aim for those “high-five moments” when our team secures valuable client victories.
Together, these values help to align our goals and actions. Moreover, they are essential in building trust and integrity between our advocates and clients.
What Types of Employment Law Cases Do We Handle?
The following are a few examples of common employment law cases we handle.
Wage and Hour Disputes
California has some of the most employee-friendly wage and hour laws in the United States. These laws provide protections that often exceed those available under federal law. Common wage and hour claims include:
- Minimum wage disputes,
- Overtime claims,
- Meal and rest break issues,
- Exempt vs. non-exempt employee disagreements,
- Payday requirement matters,
- Record-keeping disputes, and
- Final paycheck issues.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) sets minimum wage, overtime, and child labor rules. However, the California Labor Code, Industrial Welfare Commission (IWC), and Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) also set and enforce statewide regulations. A San Mateo employment attorney at Bibiyan Law Group, PC, can review your claim and help you determine which laws apply.
When an employer unfairly terminates an employee, it may be a wrongful termination. These cases often involve breaches of employment contracts or firings that violate state or federal laws. Employees can sue for lost wages, job reinstatement, and sometimes punitive damages when employers wrongfully terminate their employment. However, proving wrongful termination can be challenging and often necessitates substantial evidence requiring the services of a lawyer skilled in San Mateo employment law.
Sexual harassment involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that interferes with an individual’s employment. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), victims can sue for damages, including emotional distress and lost wages. Moreover, employees can hold their employers liable for harassment if they fail to take adequate preventive or corrective measures.
Discrimination occurs when an employer mistreats an employee based on protected characteristics such as race, gender, age, religion, or disability. Laws like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and California’s FEHA prohibit such discrimination. These laws mandate that employers provide equal opportunities and not engage in discriminatory hiring, firing, or promotion practices.
Various state and federal laws and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) for public company employees protect workers who report their employer’s illegal activities. Under these laws, employers can not fire or discriminate against employees for whistleblowing. When they do, they may be subject to fines and other penalties. Employee remedies may include job reinstatement, back pay, and other forms of compensation.
Call Bibiyan Law Group, PC Today
With settlements in unpaid wages up to $8 million, sexual harassment settlements totaling up to $750,000, and wrongful termination settlements up to $750,000, the advocates at Bibiyan Law Group, P.C., don’t just talk the talk; we walk the walk. But our mission extends far beyond the courtroom victories and the tens of millions of dollars recovered for employees. We aim to reshape the landscape of employment rights, creating a society where dignity, equality, and fairness are not mere words but lived experiences for every worker. If you are tired of feeling like just another case number, experience the Bibiyan Law Group difference. Reach out today, and let the Tomorrow Law team help you chart the path to justice and dignity.