Family-friendly Contra Costa is home to some of the best public schools in California, a vibrant arts and culture scene, and beautiful scenery. The county also boasts a diverse and highly skilled workforce, including cutting-edge healthcare and technology industries. If you work in Contra Costa, you probably know that California has some of the most progressive employment laws, mirroring Contra Costa’s commitment to its employees. But did you know that working with an experienced Contra Costa employment lawyer can help protect your job security? From addressing discrimination to contract negotiations, the right Contra Costa employment law firm can be your friend and ally, guiding you and protecting your rights from your first job to retirement. Contact us today to speak with a Contra Costa employment lawyer!
What Is Employment Law?
Federal and state laws and regulations governing an employee’s workplace rights and an employer’s responsibilities are collectively known as employment law. As an employee, you have the right to expect your employer to treat you lawfully and respectfully, and employment law helps ensure that they do. Employment laws also address important workplace concerns, for example, how employers should maintain safe working conditions to ensure their employees’ well-being, which benefits to provide, how to handle hiring and firing, and how to resolve work-related disputes. By following these guidelines, employers ensure employees have access to a safe and productive working environment and are treated fairly.
Employment law also plays a crucial role in determining the terms of contract negotiations and collective bargaining. An employment lawyer who understands contract law can review employment terms and conditions such as compensation, benefits, and job duties to protect your rights.
How Do I Find a Good Contra Costa Employment Lawyer?
It can take time to find the right attorney. But the following steps will help you select a trustworthy advocate who will fight for your rights and assist you in understanding California’s complicated employment laws and processes.
- Ask friends, family, and co-workers for recommendations.
- Research internet directories and review platforms like Avvo to find attorneys listed by specialty and location.
- Check online review platforms to locate employment law attorneys with a good reputation and positive track record.
- Check the California State Bar Association’s database of practicing California attorneys to determine whether an attorney is in good standing or whether they have disciplinary actions filed against them.
- Interview potential attorneys during an initial consultation to see if you’re a good fit.
Remember, the right attorney isn’t always the one with the most ratings or highest settlements. The best advocate is an attorney with unshakable commitment who offers unwavering support throughout your legal journey. Take these steps, and you’ll be one step further in your search for an advocate committed to upholding justice and going that extra mile for you.
What Does a Contra Costa Employment Lawyer Do?
From negotiating contract terms and conditions to navigating a wrongful termination claim to ensuring a safe and just workplace, a Contra Costa employment attorney offers numerous vital services, including:
- Providing invaluable client support and guidance;
- Providing employment contract assessment and negotiation;
- Drafting and reviewing documents and employee contracts;
- Helping file workers’ compensation claims;
- Helping file discrimination, harassment, or retaliation complaints;
- Appealing EEOC decisions;
- Helping file wage and hour disputes;
- Negotiating workplace violation settlements;
- Facilitating hostile workplace remediation;
- Helping you file a lawsuit;
- Conducting investigations and interviewing witnesses;
- Locating and preserving evidence;
- Trying your cases to a judge; and
- Negotiating a just settlement.
If you are facing an employment issue, a lawyer at Tomorrow Law™ can explain your rights, protect your interests, and guide you through the legal system from start to finish. Having the team at Tomorrow Law™ on your side means you can breathe easier and focus on what matters while we handle the grunt work.
What Types of Workplace Matters Does Tomorrow Law™ Group Handle?
Tomorrow Law™ handles numerous employment issues, from the usual to the unexpected. Our experienced team is skilled in a diverse array of workplace matters, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Wrongful termination—wrongful termination laws forbid businesses from firing employees based on discrimination, retaliation, or in breach of their employment contract;
- Discrimination—Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) all prohibit employers from discriminating based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other protected characteristics;
- Harassment and hostile work environment—Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and other California laws shield employees against hostile work environments resulting from unwelcome conduct and sexual harassment;
- Wage and hour disputes—California’s wage and hour laws ensure the protection and regulation of employees’ wages, overtime pay, and meal and rest breaks;
- Family and medical leave violations—under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), eligible employees may take unpaid leave for family or medical reasons, such as serious health conditions, childbirth, and adoption;
- Whistleblower protections—California and federal laws ensure that employees are protected from retaliation when reporting illegal activities, safety violations, or other employer wrongdoing; and
- Workers’ Compensation—California’s Workers’ Compensation laws safeguard employee rights to medical treatment and compensation for work-related injuries or illnesses.
Bibiyan Law Group understands that employment law can be complex and overwhelming. We are happy to explain more about the areas we practice based on your unique employment law situation. Let us explain how we can assist you.
Bibiyan Law Group, PC: Skill You Can Trust
If you have any concerns about your employment, know that Bibiyan Law Group, is available to help. When you contact us for a consultation, we’ll guide you at every step, from understanding your legal rights and options to achieving a fair resolution. You can count on the team at Tomorrow Law™ to provide top-notch legal advice, negotiate determinedly on your behalf, or fiercely litigate to secure the best possible outcome. We’re confident in our abilities and committed to working tirelessly to achieve the results you deserve. Call us at 310-438-5555 to book your free phone consultation.